Headless CMS: All-Proof Frontend
The shift towards consumption with fewer contact points and accessible from various mobile devices changed the scenario for businesses, which had to strengthen their online presence, be where the customer wants to search, and develop new logistics models to respond to the demand.
Thus, those already using headless CMS understand the advantages of having technology adaptable to change and are prepared to include new tools and features to search for more sophisticated digital experiences.
2020 was just the beginning, are you ready?
With the year 2020 marked by the pandemic and confinement, electronic commerce became the best choice to satisfy customers' needs and respond to new consumption patterns. Ecommerce grew at 45.6% in Chile and 53.1% in Colombia, and the trend was even higher in the region: the average increase in Latin America was 66%.
Growing digitization in Colombia, with a 1.3 million increase in users connected to the internet in 2020 and higher digital transactions rates, leads to a 16% increase in sales forecast for 2021.
Businesses had to strengthen their channels and evolve the digital experience to respond to this new demand, challenges in which microservices and new technologies are a key piece of the puzzle.
Customize the digital experience with global quality headless CMS and microservices
Just as the appearance and operation are essential in a physical store, the frontend of an eCommerce is a key issue for user experience. A simple, light interface seeking to get ahead in offering what the client is looking for is part of the expected standard.
When a company manages several channels, pages, and products, it needs consistency in the content delivered, especially in the business's internal development. In this scenario, monolithic CMS lack the necessary agility by being restricted in terms of features and compatibility, as they are too bulky "all-in-one" solutions.
In contrast, with a Headless CMS, decoupling the frontend from the rest of the business platform allows for greater content customization and efficient deployment in all channels and devices, enhancing the deployment of new marketing strategies.
Strengthen your eCommerce platform with the best microservices
Developing a frontend based on REST API calls and managing all content delivery through a headless CMS breaks the barriers of using single programming languages or specific backends, increasing the quality of service by including particular microservices.
- Each of these microservices will deal with a particular feature and increase the scale when the requests' demand increases. Either to process a purchase, provide payment methods, or even to include automated features such as chatbots and profile-based personalized coupons.
- This API-First approach allows developing highly functional and flexible platforms, which can include new developments in an agile and scalable fashion, aspects required when participating in a changing and highly competitive digital environment.
- It provides the necessary infrastructure to use all the features of a global transactional system, from the shopping cart and inventory status to payment methods and specific taxes of a location.
- All features provide what is required to deploy a complete shopping experience via simple API calls, allowing for lighter and fast-loading sites.
- Developing static and highly dynamic sites increases the security of the business; The combination of API calls and their delivery via CDN reduces access gaps to the backend.
- This combination enables businesses to decrease integration times. Moreover, deploying a headless eCommerce keeps the infrastructure light, which reduces client-side loading times in terms of vital milliseconds on any device, essential in eCommerce, where the speed is critical for success.
Bring your eCommerce to the global scale with Commerce Layer
Commerce Layer is a headless platform to develop eCommerce, which is defined as CMS-agnostic empowering teams to decide which content manager and design models to use.
Its focus is on delivering the best corporate microservice from the beginning of an eCommerce, with the necessary tools for the maturation and scaling of the business. Commerce Layer allows for fast integrations without impacting the particular features and characteristics of a transaction.
A decoupled frontend is a future-proof technology
When imagining a decoupled frontend, we mean a platform that uses headless CMS for content management and leverages the flexibility of including new integrations boosting the digital experience, thanks to the quality of the related microservices.
At Reign, we partner and deploy technological solutions with the best providers, seeking to develop eCommerce platforms of the highest corporate level. Therefore, we interact with partners who are transparent and clear in their terms, a factor that is key in the business's integrity, which will allow you to scale at your pace. Copiar al portapapeles