How to recognize that a service complies with MACH standards
For us, MACH architecture is a quality guarantee in operations and security for your platform. As experts in digital development, we know the importance of having suppliers committed to delivering the best technology.
We know that, in an environment of accelerated digitalization, the offer of software and services for corporations is immense, especially for those big brands that understand the benefits of creating their digital presence through an API-First philosophy.
What is MACH?
MACH may sound strange at first, but if you are familiar with the latest trends in web platform development, you probably already know about this alliance. As it is officially known, MACH Alliance is a non-commercial, intercompany organization that promotes the modular and headless approach.
The alliance does not offer any product or service per se. Instead, it seeks to build an ecosystem together with the companies that share the vision to assure businesses (huge brands) that the technologies hosted by this ecosystem meet the best standards of quality, transparency, and performance.
The acronym MACH stands for:
- __M__icroservices: The use of autonomous components that can be easily connected to internal systems, providing business functionalities and increasing the digital experience of the platforms. All without overloading the backend or own servers.
- __A__PI-First: Components connect and communicate through API calls, which simplifies internal systems, increasing the platform's performance.
- __C__loud-Native: As a microservices selection criterion, these must be 100% cloud-based, ensuring automatic scaling and constant updates without the need for internal configurations or patches.
- __H__eadless: Refers to the decoupling of the frontend (head) from the backend (body) to facilitate the components' incorporation, safeguarding the internal systems, allowing high customization of the digital experience.
Thus, these partners promote the idea that companies should have modular technology, where each component is compatible, scalable, and replaceable to continuously improve their platform through agile development. This will enable them to adapt to customer expectations and evolving business requirements changes.
How is a MACH standard defined?
At Reign, we share MACH's vision and create platforms tailored to the brand’s needs. Doing it in a modular way ensures that the system is also ready for change; it is more than a site or an application itself; it is an organism that adapts to its environment.
When we refer to the MACH approach or standards, we refer to modular technology, the best of its kind. The company behind the product also shares the vision of flexible and accessible architecture, with no ties to single vendors or usage constraints.
In addition, the alliance has its certification that allows brands to immediately identify those suppliers with future-proof technology, thereby ensuring a MACH standard.
If you are interested in more information, we invite you to visit our previous articles. There you will find more information about the origin and certifications of MACH Alliance.
The advantages of using MACH technology
Do you know what it means to use future-proof technology? It has the freedom to select the features that best suit your current needs and be able to modify them as conditions change, overcoming the difficulty of switching platforms every few years.
Thus, several advantages ensure that a service complies with MACH standards:
- Modularity: When using standalone microservices, architecture's build can focus on the enterprise business needs. Freely incorporating and removing modules is fundamental in Composable Commerce, which is the best way to develop eCommerce.
- Accelerate new launches: When you have a modular platform, projects take less time, allowing you to test ideas and prototypes in a shorter period, helping companies make better long-term decisions.
- Automatic scaling: Microservices, having their own systems, scale with your platform requirements. It allows you to have a clear cost structure over time and the security of service availability in uncertain situations.
- Omni-channel readiness: Working in a decoupled way also gives greater flexibility to the backend, allowing better communication with all types of devices through APIs, helping to create multiple contact channels quickly.
- Experience personalization: The ability to customize the frontend allows brands to personalize the digital experience and develop a journey consistent with people's expectations.
Furthermore, you become part of a complete ecosystem of digital solutions that share the same principles and standards, which allows you to project the platform over time. MACH promotes an open business environment of the highest quality, ensuring the commitment of companies to deliver the best service options.
If you come from the monolithic paradigm, the transition may seem complex, since it changes how you think about web architecture. That's why you should count on the advice of an expert partner such as Reign. We will not only help you build your new web presence, but we will also guide you through the entire process so that both your brand and your teams acquire the ability to manage future-proof technology.